Saturday, September 15, 2012

My first maxi skirt!

I got this maxi skirt from TJ Max (one of my favorite stores) for $15. It took me a while to join the maxi craze because I'm a taller girl (5'8") with wide hips and I felt like I would just look like one giant piece of fabric. But I finally found one that I think works! The bold strips at the bottom help even out my wider hips and bring your attention downwards. I just happened to be wearing that yellow tank at the time but now I kind of like the colors together!
So I had a family party to go to and I wanted to try out my maxi skirt for the first time. Family parties are great for trying new trends because if they fail you're family won't judge, haha! However, the morning of the party I realized it was going to be extremely hot, so I turned my maxi into a dress! All I did was pull it up like a tube top and add a belt to give it some shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment